Is it just us, or did this year really fly by? It feels like just yesterday when we launched our project to restore the gray wolf to the great public wildlands of western Colorado. Since then, we've crisscrossed the state and have talked to tens of thousands of Coloradans—online and offline—about the importance of conservation efforts to re-establish the gray wolf.
Our core message has always been simple: Balanced and healthy public wildlands in the western half of Colorado mean a better state for all of us.
And the benchmark of our eventual success? Restoring Colorado’s natural balance by ensuring that wolves again roam the snow-capped peaks, rim rock canyons, and primeval forests of the public lands of the western half of our great state.
Our project started in March with this video:
- Thanks to our coalition partners and a small handful of social media followers, the video went viral! It's now garnered more than 1,000,000 views.
- Within just one month, our Facebook following rose by more than 5,000%. As of today, that's climbed to over 7,500 active followers across our six social media channels!
- In July, we launched our Instagram account and since then we've posted 50+ photos of the beautiful gray wolf and our events across the state. We'll be picking up the pace on Instagram as we head into 2018, so if you haven't already, click here to subscribe to our account updates!
- While we've been keeping you up to date on your newsfeeds, we've also been updating our blog! We've posted quite a few times on just about anything you want or need to know about the gray wolf— from their behavior to their role in our shared ecosystem. We've shared how they've been safely reintroduced at Yellowstone National Park. Want a recap? Take a look >>
- And we didn't just stop at blogs! If you're wolf nerds like us, you need to check out all of the resources at our Learn and Share Library. You'll learn how crucial wolves are to the West...or just have a great time making a wolf puppet with the kids! Have some downtime and want to get in some holiday reading? You can download one of our four FREE ebooks on Wolves in the West!
- Here's the part we're really excited about—since our project launch, 25,618 of you have signed up at www.RockyMountainWolfProject.org and pledged support for our efforts to return the gray wolf to Colorado. Thank you!
Because of supporters like you, 2017 was an incredible year for the Rocky Mountain Wolf Project.
We can't wait to see what 2018 holds for all of us.